Mr. Mohammed Sohail - Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Sohail has almost 27 years of experience of Pakistan’s Capital market, Research, Broking & Investment banking.
- Awarded ‘Best Analyst’ for two years (2003 and 2004) from the CFA Association. He was the first analyst in Pakistan to get this award.
- For the first time in Pakistan, Asiamoney awarded Mr. Mohammed Sohail the title of ‘Best Salesperson’ in Pakistan for 10 consecutive years (2011-2021).
- Mr. Sohail is a Certified Director of Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (PICG).
- Mr. Sohail has remained Director of Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX), Director of Central Depository Company of Pakistan, Director of PMEX (Pakistan’s only commodity exchange) and Director of rating agency JCR-VIS.
- Mr. Sohail was also a member of Divestment Committee formed by SECP for the strategic sale of PSX’s shares.
- Mr. Sohail was Chairman of New Product & Market Development Committee of PSX.
- Mr. Sohail has served on different committees formed by the SECP, PSX and SBP.
- Mr. Sohail has attended Technical Assistance Program arranged by U.S SEC in Washington in 2015.
- Mr. Sohail has attended the International Program on Securities Market Professionals arranged by BSE institute and South Asian Federation of Exchanges (SAFE) in Mumbai in 2015.
- Mr. Sohail has remained a visiting faculty at Institute of Business Administration (IBA).
- Mr. Sohail was a member of Board of Studies for Accounting and Finance at College of Business Management (CBM).
Mr. Omar Salah Ahmed - Head of Corporate Finance
- Mr. Ahmed holds over 21 years of international investment experience.
- Prior to joining Topline, he was associated with Foras International Investment Company – Saudi Arabia, Elixir Securities Pakistan, Alfalah Securities, BMA Capital, KPMG Taseer, Hadi, Khalid & Co & AMZ Securities.
- Till date he has worked on approx. US$6.5bn worth of transaction including Initial Public Offerings, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Debt Raising (both conventional and Islamic) as well as raising structured funds for Private Equity / Venture Capital funds
- Some of his landmark transactions include
- Initial Public Offering of Citi Pharma Limited
- Initial Public Offering of The Organic Meat Company Limited
- Initial Offering of Universal Network Systems Limited (BlueEx)
- Rights issue of Service Fabrics Limited
- Rights issue of Maple Leaf Cement Factory Limited
- Commercial Paper issue of Mughal Iron & Steel Industries Limited
- Commercial Paper issue of Pak Elektron Limited
- Commercial Paper issue of Waves Singer Pakistan Limited
- Tender offer of BIPL Securities Limited
- Tender offer of Mian Textile Industries Limited
- Buy Side privatization of Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited, Pakistan Steel Mills Corporation, Karachi Electricity Supply Corporation
- Omar is a part-qualified Chartered Certified Accountant and has attended courses at London School of Economics
Mr. Umair Naseer - Associate Director Research
- Mr. Umair is a seasoned investment professional with over 10-years of experience in Equity Research and Sales.
- He has worked for various brokerage houses including BMA Capital and Global Securities.
- He was awarded as the best Banking, Insurance & Financial Services Analyst award by Asiamoney 2016-2018. He was also awarded for Best Macroeconomic Coverage in 2015 by Asiamoney.
- He has arranged several local and international investor roadshows.
- He has extensively covered Pakistan Economy, Pakistan Capital Markets, and Banking Sectors along with other key sectors like Autos, Oil & Gas Marketing and Textile.
- He has the honor to author several reports & publications for several Magazines, Newspapers, & brokerage houses.
- Mr. Umair has done his MBA (Finance) from Institute of Business Management (IOBM).
Mr. Khalid Mehmood - Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary
- Mr. Khalid Mehmood has over 17 years of working experience in Pakistan market. He has very good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Corporate Laws, Secretarial Practices, Prudential Regulations, NBFC Rules & Regulations, PSX Regulations and Taxation matters of the companies. He is also on the Board of Directors of the company and has been key player in revamping of various existing functions of the company including Finance, Administration, Human Resource Management and Settlement & Operations to achieve highest service standards at par best industry practices.
- Previously, he was associated with KASB Securities, Heading the branch Office at Pakistan Stock Exchange in the capacity of Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary and supervising operations department, dealing with Stock Exchange, NCCPL, CDC and SRB. He was also managing the treasury and portfolio of the Company to maximize shareholders’ Profit.
- He is a commerce graduate and members of the following regulatory/accounting bodies of Pakistan;
- The Institute of Financial Markets of Pakistan (IFMP)
- The Institute of Corporate Secretaries of Pakistan (ICSP)
- The Institute of Public Finance Accountants of Pakistan (PIPFA)
- He is also affiliate with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and he also done Master’s in Business Administration from SZABIST.
- In past, he was associated with Riaz Ahmad & Company, Chartered Accountants, a member firm of Nexia International.
Ms. Samar Iqbal - Head of Foreign Institution Sales Trading
- Ms. Samar Iqbal has over 17 years of experience in Equity Sales.
- She has been awarded Best Equity Trader by Asiamoney.
- Previously, she has worked at Eastern Capital, KASB Direct and JS Global in various capacities.
- She has developed a highly diversified experience under the capital market umbrella. Prominent areas of experience include; equity execution, efficient settlement & handling clients.
- She is a Certified Quality Professional from Pakistan Institute of Quality Certification and MBA Finance.
Mr. Saad Hashmi - Head of Retail & Online Sales
- Mr. Saad Hashmi holds over 14 years of International professional experience.
- He is associated with PSX since 2014 and has served on both Buy side and Sell side.
- Prior to joining Topline, he was associated with Premier Cables Pvt Limited, Standard capital securities, Vitruzone (UAE) & SOS management consultants (UK).
- He has developed a highly diversified experience in Finance and Capital markets. Prominent areas of experience include; Equity analysis, Investment management, Equity execution, Efficient settlement & handling clients.
- He is a Certified Professional from Institute of Financial Markets of Pakistan.
- Saad is part-qualified Chartered Management Accountant and has attended courses at London school of business & finance and Kaplan Financials.